Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The New Face of Unemployment


In past recessions, the face of unemployment has been the laborer. That face has changed. When I received this photo from a friend I laughed at the irony of it. What's sad is how accurate it probably is.

I celebrated my 50th last November at Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando. A special trip for me and my wife with close friends. Despite the time of year we had trouble getting tee times on the three courses they have. The reason is Merrill Lynch had booked the entire place to entertain their star brokers. You wouldn't believe what they were lavished with.

Opportunistic profiteering is dead. If you don't add value, you will be left behind. I'm still a capitalist. But a wealth-builder rather than an opportunist. Viva la'revolution.

No comments: